I offer spiritual counseling for people who want an alternative to the medical model of diagnosis and treatment and want to increase their joy, their effectiveness, their capacity to love and be creative in their lives. This is for people who want to increase their capacity to fulfill their potential and lead a more meaningful, spiritually fulfilling life.
Spiritual counseling involves identifying challenges and utilizing tools for personal and spiritual growth. I provide a compassionate witness to help clients gain greater clarity about who they are, want they want, and how to proceed towards their goals. Often I can help identify “blind spots” and offer support in overcoming obstacles to growth. My greatest joy is seeing people successfully become more of who they want to be.
I use a variety of tools to help people make positive change. I take the client’s lead in terms of their comfort level, capacity for working on themselves and spiritual perspective.
Tools for Creating Positive Change
- Relaxation techniques: breathing, quieting your body, emotions and mind
- Emotional nurturing through exercises on beauty, joy, love
- Creating healthy lifestyle habits of eating, exercise, sleep
- Positive Journal: Learn to see the positive within yourself and others
- Stress reduction skills: Learn how to prioritize, calm down, and address problems
- Communication skills: Learn to communicate from a place of responsibility and caring
- Assertiveness Skills: Learn to value yourself and ask for what you want/need respectfully
- Compassionate self-awareness: Learn to neutrally observe your thoughts, feelings, and actions without judgment
- Gratitude Journal: Learn to focus your attention on the good things in your life
- Developing forgiveness: Learn to forgive yourself/ others in a responsible, compassionate way
- Reducing ego: letting go of self-centered, imposing, forceful parts of the personality
- Increasing humility and selfless service: allowing divinity to express through creativity and service
- Character development: Learn to develop virtues such as courage or patience through the power of positive memories, creative thought and visualization exercises. Increase willpower, commitment, harmlessness and the ability to truly be of service to others.